Indore - Local – (Tour Code – 01) 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
8:30AM – Departure from Brilliant Convention Centre, Indore
Sightseeing – Rajwada, Kaanch Mandir, Khajrana Ganesh Temple, Central Museum, Lal-Bagh Palace.
Tour will start from Brilliant Convention Centre, Indore & proceed towards
- Rajwada - Rajwada is a historical palace in Indore city. It was built by the Holkars of the Maratha Empire about two centuries ago. This seven storied structure is located near the Chhatris and serves today as a fine example of Royal grandeur and architectural skills.
- Kaanch Mandir - The Kanch Mandir, is entirely made up of glass and mirrors. It is also known as the Seth Hukamchand Temple, as it was built by the "Cotton King" Sir Hukamchand Seth in the early 20th century. It is primarily a Jain temple and is a wonder in glass. The walls, ceiling, floor, pillars, doors, everything here is entirely adorned with glass.
- Khajrana Temple – Built in the year 1857 during the reign of Rani Ahilya Bai Holkar, this temple is one of the famous Hindu temples in India. The gate and the outer wall of the Garbhagriha is made of silver and different moods and festivals are depicted on it. The eyes of the deity are made of diamonds which were donated by a business man of Indore.
- Central Museum - The Museum exhibits the finest collection of Parmar and Gupta sculptures which have been collected from the ruins of the 11th-12th century temples at Hinglajgarh. The Parmar style actually originated here only. Its main features include proportioned figures, careful and intricate ornamentation and depiction in stone. There are two galleries in the Museum. Gallery I display artifacts from MP's prehistoric period ranging from 5,000 - 4,000BC. All the Hindu mythological carvings have been displayed in Gallery II.
- Lal Bagh Palace - Built by Maharaja Shivaji Rao Holkar in 1886-1921. The gates of the Palace are a replica of the gates of Buckingham palace (London). They also carry the Holkar State Emblem which states "He who tries will succeed". The rooms of the palace have now been turned into a museum. The main attractions of the palace are the accurately proportioned and furnished rooms, with beautiful carvings on the walls as well as the ceilings. There is a coin collection on the first floor which dates back to the Muslim period.
After visiting Lal Bagh Palace the Tour will terminate and drop at Brilliant Convention Centre, Indore at 2 p.m.
Tour Cost: Rs.850/- per person
- Guided sightseeing at Indore.
- Transportation including Tempo Traveller/Bus.
- Minimum – 10 PAX required to operate tour.
- Entry charges not included.
- 01 Bottle of mineral water (½ Ltr) & Frooti (Small) to each participation.
Note : In case of foreign Tourist difference amount of entry charges (If applicable) payment on the spot.
Tours are been planned by MP Tourism. For bookings and further assistance, contact Mr. Sanjay Verma at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 9424796634